Immersion is a powerful marketing tool – one that surrounds your potential buyers in a marketing experience.
Today’s clever property developers enjoy a diverse range of marketing opportunities across a multitude of platforms – many of them literally at your fingertips.
Cutting-edge 3D imagery and the power of social media sharing and reach are an amazing present for property developers wanting to connect directly to their target markets and boost sales results, but what does the future hold when it comes to effective property development marketing that makes you stand out from the crowd?
The vision is exciting – truly interactive, immersive technology that lets potential buyers have an experience and genuine connection to your development – before it even exists.
Click or Tap on the image below to see one of our experiments with Interactive Development presentations – a game like walk-through in a luxury apartment development (It takes a couple of minutes to load though).
Augmented reality, with computer-generated input to connect our senses, is on our doorstep and for property developers wanting to stay ahead of the pack, there has never been a better time to forge a professional relationship with a trusted imagery specialist.
Online marketing strategies include Google AdWords campaigns, dedicated websites, email marketing campaigns, iPad and iPhone mobile applications and social media sharing (everything from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest to easily connect your visuals with a waiting market).
But even as social media has created a marketing democracy that puts community reach in the hands of the smallest operator, the need for well-managed print advertising is also powerful.
Billboards in highly visible locations and print campaigns in local newspapers make it more difficult to measure ROI but are still adept at raising visibility and the public profile of the development.
It’s important to remember this: creating the artistic impressions is just one step – managing the way they are viewed is also important.
- Explore offline and online marketing to reach your target
- For high quality printing, imagery often needs to be produced at 300dpi – and at least 5000px wide. When it comes to web-styled images, however, images that are just 1200px wide are often sufficient.
- Websites like realestate.com.au require a specific set out of the imagery – so make sure to check with the advertising department on the sizes before submitting imagery to them – otherwise it may get distorted and look awkward online.
- Create a unique website to promote your development – enabling you to add detailed descriptions and imagery and invite potential buyers to register their interest
- Online marketing methods include Google adwords, as well as social media-driven campaigns on the most appropriate platform for your target market
- Offline marketing methods include print brochures, billboards, newspaper editorials and letterbox campaigns – led by the habits of your target market.
7 Steps to Effective Online and Offline Marketing Campaigns
- Identify the most appropriate marketing channels to connect with your target audience
- To print to required resolution, communicate with a printing professional to discuss imagery size and purpose
- For printing to large billboards, ensure imagery creation to at least 10,000px wide, and at least 150dpi to prevent distortion
- For online marketing imagery, resolution should be at least 12000px wide in RGB format
- To upload to realestate.com.au and other online portals, create images at 800*600px resolution to avoid distortion
- Utilise social media marketing with ad campaigns that target your potential buyers
- Launch your project with consistency and strategic timing – across multiple platforms and using Google AdWords to increase visbility
“Getting paid, owned and earned media to work in tandem, enhancing the effect of each, is the ultimate goal, but it requires a fully integrated marketing structure.” – Alistair Green, head of strategy, Mindshare
Case Study: The Willam
This limited collection of designer terrace homes and garden villas came to life in the minds of potential buyers – thanks to considered 3D imagery, combined with other local marketing, that focused on a specific market and highlighted the benefits that would resonate with them and their motivation to buy in this location.
The creation of a video was a marketing success story – an engaging, enticing visual that showcased the development in a way that made it easy for the potential buyers to imagine themselves in the space and want to access the lifestyle on offer.
Waterfront lifestyle is at the doorstep and the well-planned imagery pitched all the benefits to a specific audience – people looking for the qualities of Williamstown’s established reputation for lifestyle and location, with the added bonus of Newport pricing that put this development in the hands of even more potential buyers.